Step-by-Step Tutorial: Polymer Clay Bezel & FREE Download

This fun technique goes perfectly with our My Favorite Things design theme… being that it is one of my absolute favorite things to do right now! I LOVE creating impressions in polymer clay with Vintaj Arte Metal & Natural Brass components. Any of our hollow-back pieces are the perfect piece for creating these wonderful little charms & pendants!
Click the center of the image above to view larger.

CLICK HERE for our FREE digital download, of the Tree shown on the backside of my clay charm!

This bracelet features a fun collection of some of my favorite things, mostly Nature inspired… flowers, leaves, dragonflies, butterflies, birds, trees, nests, stars, kitties, keys, buttons and more! Pewter Kitty Comfort & Nest charm are from Green Girl Studios. The small brass bird by the nest is a charm from TierraCast ~ mixed metals, another favorite of mine! The long silk cord is wrapped four times to create the length of a standard bracelet. The key hole decorivet is securing all the strand, with a loop on the opposite side to create a button closure. The opposite end of the silks are secured with a 9mm crimp end, and a vintage button was attached to work as the clasp. A briolette and a charm hang from the tassels. You can also create this fun charm bracelet, simply by clustering your favorite pieces from Vintaj chain.

Visit this bracelet project in our Idea Gallery for links to the Vintaj items!

Happy Designing!

Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Step-by-Step Tutorial: Polymer Clay Bezel & FREE Download

1. Rose says:

Love this bracelet Jess, and the flip book rocks Jeanne!

2. Mimi says:

Great tutorial, Jess! :D I have a few of the larger hollow back arte metal pieces to try this with, and can’t wait to give it a go.

3. Norma says:

I love this bracelet. The way the cords were used with the charms is brilliant. Thanks for sharing!

4. Patty says:

Love this challenge!

5. miki says:

love this bracelet, and the beautiful step by step book. i’m staring at it still trying to figure out how the silk is tyed. thanks for sharing your ideas, they are always inspiring!

6. Terah Ware says:

Love the bracelet! Can’t wait to get out my silk cord and try this one! LOVE the button closure…is their a tutorial for that?:)

7. Lesa Shippelhoute says:

I love the color of the cord… great for spring. I am thinking on the lines of an old shoe buckle I have for a clasp… or maybe even a shoe clip… I am going to go dig through my treasures.

8. Erika Brown says:

This is an awesome tutorial. Thank you for sharing this technique.