Congratulations to the winner of our Asian Lantern Giveaway of Bello Modo beads and Vintaj Metals – Pam Gemin!
Here is what inspires Pam when she needs a boost:
“When I get the itch to make something pretty I hit my Vintaj Inspiration Gallery and technique books and Jess’ blog first. Another great “nudge” exercise is to look at seed bead and crystal mix colors and Design Seeds for pallette ideas. Since I’m addicted to reds and golds with brass and copper, I’m nudging into cool colors and arte metal, but with fall around the corner I’m going to do a lot of copper and turquoise as a compromise! Leaves go with everything, and I love Vintaj leaves for all seasons! This prompt is a big nudge, so I need to go make something right now!“
We had so many creative answers, we wanted to be able to come back and use these ideas when we’re stuck on a design. So here is summarized list of ideas from our blog readers!
Top Ten Ways to Get Inspired
1. Go outside and take a walk.
2. Stare at your beads until they start “talking.”
3. Walk the aisles of a craft/fabric store.
4. Read the Vintaj blog!
5. Visit the Vintaj Idea Gallery!
6. Meander though sites like Pinterest, Etsy and Beading Daily.
7. Page through jewelry magazines.
8. Clean your workspace. (boo!)
9. Jump around a blog hop.
10. Look to the past – antique malls, flea markets and old movies.
Get your “lantern lit” and submit your Asian Lantern Design Challenge piece today! Come back on Monday to vote for your favorite!